NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WHY??????!! Absolutly sick of this.

NIGHTBOY

post-20406-0-76505900-1385809230.jpg

This was taken with an 1100d + 200p + 5x barlow + backyard eos (planetary mode) processed in registax 5 + photoshop.

It's all possible. It just takes time, research and for me...a fair bit of luck :)

Hang in there

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is it possible to use my 2x barlow?? Ive got the camera and tring, cant see how I'd get the barlow in there tho??

Some barlows have a T thread on the back, so you can fit them to the T ring and put them in the focuser.  For those that don't you can get a T-ring to 1.25" adapter that will fit into the back of the barlow.

Be aware however that it will make keeping the planet on the sensor harder.

James

If something you're doing (or trying to do) is having such an adverse effect on your well being, it's often better to take a step back from it for a while to allow yourself time to enjoy the things you actually like doing.

It would also allow you time to learn a bit more about what does and what doesn't actually matter in life. I wouldn't exactly class a past time that drives you nuts as mattering btw ;)

I could do away with the 2nch adapter and just put the middle section straight into the focuser tube. I was wondering if the camera had to be a certain distance from the barlow for it to work. Or the distance between the barlos and secondary mirror.

I had to do it like this as my barlow doesn't have threads.

I hope you get it all sorted nightboy but geez, every person who has posted on this thread has done so in an attempt to help you. page 4 and 73 posts and I'm pretty sure I've not seen the word thank you mentioned. Might want to think about that on future threads

Archived