NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WHY??????!! Absolutly sick of this.

NIGHTBOY

So I've just got in from filming Jupiter, load it into PIPP, Export it as ULRG, go to load it into registax and everytime I  do 'Registax has stopped working'

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's your loss. AS2 is better at stacking and more simple to use.

He's right, you know.  He really is.  It is worth spending the time to find your way around AS!2.  Especially when someone with too much time on his hands has posted this:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/184821-beginners-guide-to-stacking-planetary-images-with-autostakkert2/

James

If you must use Registax v5 though, I think there's some issue with file size that can stop it opening files.  If I'm reading correctly that PIPP recommends using a given file format that might be assuming you're using Registax v6.  If it is a filesize issue, using an uncompressed format is not going to help at all.  How big are the files?

James

I started off using Reg 5.1 and then downloaded Reg6. I found that if the images are of good quality Reg6 works fine, if not Reg5 is the better one to use. Reg6 would give fractals or crazy paving all over my image when the source files were a bit iffy. On a recommendation I tried AS! and just couldn't get it to work for me so went back to Reg5.

A few months further on I tried AS! Again and found it worked quite well so now using it as my stacking weapon of choice. It is actually easier to use than , stacks much faster and if you follow James' tutorial I am sure you will be up and running quickly. I don't normally run my videos through PIPP, just load them straight in. I only use PIPP if the image jumps around a bit.

I find that if the source video is of low quality AS!2 doesn't always stack, in which case I revert back to Reg5.1, but this is fairly rare now.

As you have already taken the time to learn Registax and PIPP I would urge you to give AS!2 a try, if it doesn't work for you then fine but chances are it will and your images will improve and stack quicker. You spend a lot of time getting images in the firstlace, it must be worth 30 minutes trying AS!2 on a cloudy night?

Robin

Ill pm you tomorrow Steve, in bed now and fed up to the back teeth of it tbh!

Robin, I know how to use pipp and registax. My problem is after I've aligned with pipp and try to import into registax, registax keeps closing. I've just tried outputting differently in pipp and it gets to 36% and comes up error.

I put a vid into pipp and then into registax exactly I the same way a few nights ago and it was fine.

Just for the sake of fairness and balance... Registax is rubbish 'in your opinion' its a free program that someone took time to develop and allows hundreds of users to process poor avi files into pretty decent images.

I do feel for you though...

Hope you sort it out :-)

Archived