Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon. chinese takeaway ?

ultramol

Just watched the news and the Chinese are about to go to the moon. First with a rover and then manned, They say they will build a mine on there and extract precious elements to bring back to Earth to rectify the shortage they are experiencing . I believe myself that there is enough will, (and enough money) for this nation to acheive this.

I would think Lunar mines are some way in the future, but having lived in China for a total of 12 years and been working in China since the ealry 90's it could well happen.

This country has advanced in leaps and bounds but there have been social costs to that, and often the government here uses big banner projects to take peoples minds of the problems the country has.

I would think Lunar mines are some way in the future, but having lived in China for a total of 12 years and been working in China since the ealry 90's it could well happen.

This country has advanced in leaps and bounds but there have been social costs to that, and often the government here uses big banner projects to take peoples minds of the problems the country has.

I agree with this. I have to say though that if ANY country can/will do this or even attempt it.................it will be China. They have the drive to do it and i think the money............so never say never. How long it takes is anyone's guess.

Not looking forward to observing the moon and seeing huge open cast mines on its surface and Lunar light pollution and Lunar smog.

Archived