NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cone Nebula and NGC 2264 Xmas Tree - (Hyperstar)

SteveL

More Hyperstar goodliness!

OTA: NS8GPS @ f/2 (Hyperstar v3)

Guiding: William Optics ZenithStar 66 SD + DSI-C + PHD

RGB Imaging: QHY8 + MaximDL, 15 x 240s, CLS filter

Stacked: DeepSkyStacker (2x drizzle)

Post Process: ImagesPlus (2x2 bin) + PSCS2 + Noel Carboni’s AstroTools

No bigger image on this one, I need more subs to get better detail (and less noise) before I let you loose on the full size image :D

ngc2264_conexmas_20080105.jpg

Processing timefor the Rosette was probably a good 3-4 hours (including having to look after my wife who has this stomach bug). The Cone/Xmas processing took the time between I posted the Rosette and the time I posted the Cone/Xmas.

beautiful image Steve , huge FOV , Steve would you mind me asking, can you reduce the spikes ,is that possible , i guess everyone has their own feelings on them , i like them , but was wondering what that image would look like with them reduced to tiny spikes , hope u dont mind me asking .

Rog

beautiful image Steve , huge FOV , Steve would you mind me asking, can you reduce the spikes ,is that possible , i guess everyone has their own feelings on them , i like them , but was wondering what that image would look like with them reduced to tiny spikes , hope u dont mind me asking .

Rog

The thing is, I didnt add the spikes, they are a result of the camera and the USB/Power cables all sitting in front of the corrector plate.

Archived