Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mel 15, IC 1805 Bi colour

lensman57

Hi,

Further to my capture of the IC 1805 of last night, tonight I collected some Oiii data and 3 subs of Ha of 900s each before the clouds put an end to my ambitions. The transparency was horried as my 600s subs in Ha of last night had a lot more contrast and detail than my 900s subs of tonight and less noise, anyhow here is the result . 7 X 900s in Oiii and only 3 X 900s of Ha. Captured in NEB3, processed in PI, StarTools and combined in PS. I have only done the Bi Colour once before so please forgive the novice processing.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-12721100-1385256371_thumb.p

Thank you, Lee, Peter and Henry. Your comments really make it worth while to stay in the cold and battle the elements. Hope that I can get back to this target and collect better data. Right now I am investigating the use of Astro Tortilla for plate solving, hoping that it can help me resume from previous imaging position but there is a lot to take in and then setting the camera to exactly the same orientation is another challenge.

Regards,

A.G

Archived