Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telrad problem

I seem to have lost the circles in my Telrad. All I've got is is a red disc. I thought I may have got some condensation inside, so I warmed it on a radiator for an hour or so with the battery box open but it's still the same. Has anyone got any ideas. I am really quite lost without it.

Thanks

Jason

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

has it been left out in the direct sunlight?

I don't think so. It was the first time out last night for a while. I think the problem must be in the little box at the end of the battery box. Are replacement parts available for Telrad? Or has anyone got a spare one laying around:lol:

Posted Image

I've had a close look at the thin plastic cover on the light source box and it's quite opaque and split. I'm beginning to think Estwing may be right and it could have got fried somehow. Can anyone tell me if this membrane should be clear or opaque. I can't remember how it looked before.

Thanks

Jason

Thanks Simmo. I realise now that it is indeed the reticle that has been damaged. As Estwing says, it must have been exposure to direct sunlight which did it. I remember setting up one afternoon in anticipation of a clear night, which didn't happen! It's a lesson learned, and hopefully not a too expensive one:rolleyes:

Thanks again

Jason

Archived