NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NexImage, NexImage I'd Like to see the First Image

Does any one have any experience with a NexImage CCD Camera ?

I get pictures via the PC on terrestrial viewing during the day but come dark nights, Nothing ?

I have tried it through my Celestron Mak 130 F15 and saw nothing also with my Sky Watcher refractor 5'' and still nothing.

Am I not setting the PC settings right ? I have the review options on and seem to have all the other setting like screen size set up but I still can't get any image.

Please can anyone help? :D

I'm not that familiar with this camera at all but are you using it to capture AVI's (video).

If so stars can be very hard to see unless longer exposures are used. I have a webcam and when I use it in the normal way I can only see the very brightest objects on the screen, if I want to see many stars or even DSO's then I need to use it i long exposure mode which allows me to capture a series of images of each about 15 seconds (for example).

I think this camera is supposed to be used to capture images of planets and it would be best to test it on the moon or maybe even Mars.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that Beamer, I have tried to capture Mars in the dark sky,s of mid wales last week and again last night but could'nt get anything again ? gona wait until the moon is out next I think and try on that if that dont work gona do some Jackass with it of me shed !!! :D

Also Thanks for the Link Trevor :withstupid:

Hi

I use the Neximager and the main problem I find is that it is very high magnification and I had problems with keeping in the centre of the FOV until I changed over to the imager, only to find that it had moved. I now use a Flip Mirror, much easier.

Robin

• 2 months later...

I realise the NexImage says "Solar System" but does that mean it cannot really cope with other objects? I had heard that images from the avi would be manipulated to give some nice shots?

It is primarily designed to image the moon and planets but I have seen images taken with a NexImage of some of the brighter DSO's as well - but it does not allow long exposures so it's abilities with those are very limited. I believe the NexImage is a Toucam Pro webcam in a different body so it might be better to get a Toucam Pro which can then be modified to allow longer exposures. I don't think the NexImage can have that modification :wink:

I'm not an imager though while many SGL members are so don't just take my word for it !.

John

Archived