NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

"cirrus cloud" prom

nytecam

I'm no expert sir , but how about a long USB lead so you can sit in the warm but avoid all the extra glass ...  :smiley:

Steve - I wouldn't observe through glass unless its effect was minimal on the 40mm aperture of my PST which I do by eye - not via USB !!! Been doing it for some years often very early in the day before breakfast and the view then (even through modern float glass) is excellent before poor seeing comes into play later in the morning. Experience counts and I've got it :-)

Touchy .... I am very well aware of your vast experience sir , and the view through the eyepiece may well appear exactly the same whether with or without the double layer of non-optical quality glass in the way ...

My point is , as your photo clearly shows , the act of imaging through double glazing is not the way to get the best from the equipment .

But you obviously know best so I'll bow out now .

Touchy .... I am very well aware of your vast experience sir , and the view through the eyepiece may well appear exactly the same whether with or without the double layer of non-optical quality glass in the way ... My point is , as your photo clearly shows , the act of imaging through double glazing is not the way to get the best from the equipment .  But you obviously know best so I'll bow out now .

Steve - I'm well aware my afocal solar efforts are not perfection but they're adequate for me to show current events quickly and hopefully get observers out viewing etc.  I date/time my pics for that reason :police:   

Touchy .... I am very well aware of your vast experience sir , and the view through the eyepiece may well appear exactly the same whether with or without the double layer of non-optical quality glass in the way ...

My point is , as your photo clearly shows , the act of imaging through double glazing is not the way to get the best from the equipment .

But you obviously know best so I'll bow out now .

Blimey..! If the doer is comfortable and happy, is that not the answer (probably to the whole of life..:D ).

And for that I applaud you , giving the heads-up on interesting new activity on the Sun is something that I thoroughly agree with ...  :smiley:

For data on Ha events I have to rely on the SDO material , but I do try and get as early a Whitelight shot as I can capture myself posted for the same reason.

I shall refrain from "egg-sucking" lessons in the future ...  :smiley:

Respectfully yours , 

Archived