NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hubble Palette question...

cloudbuster

Hi all

please can you help?

does anyone know of a good link / guide to getting hubble palettes?

i have photoshop cc

and wish to process my ic410

i have noels action and have produced a synthetic green channel.

i just cant seem to get those classic colours!

cheers

bob

I think to get a HST palette, you probably do need SII and a synthetic green won't cut it. But, you can do a lot with a HOO palette and the colour select tool in PS - As per the Bob Franke tutorial. Just keep adjusting the sliders until you find something you like.

For bi-colour I use HOO or more usually adding 25% Ha to the OIII in the blue channel to provide "natural colour".  The 25% Ha emulates the Hydrogen Beta that is a pale blue and a quarter as strong as Ha.  Being hydrogen it is in exactly the same places as the Ha.

Ha is a deep red and OIII is turquoise - roughly midway between green and blue.

25% Ha emulates the Hydrogen Beta that is a pale blue and a quarter as strong as Ha.  Being hydrogen it is in exactly the same places as the Ha.

That's not quite true. H-beta is absorbed more by dust that H-alpha, so the H-beta/H-alpha ratio is traces how dust is distributed throughout an object.

Archived