NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Recommend iPad chart?

chd

Hi,

Looking for recommendations for a good iPad app for star charts. I've tried a couple, currently using StarMap 3D+, but not really very happy with it. It doesn't show a fair number of objects that I might be interested in. I had to zoom in so far on M1 before it showed on the map that I would never have known it was there if I didn't already know where to look.

I'm mostly interested in deep sky objects, and often want it to work in a "browse around and see what's nearby that might be interesting" mode. A searchable database for finding something specific is nice too, though they pretty much all seem to do that.

Asteroids not that important, though I do plan to try to image Vesta and Ceres at some point. Satellites - nice, but not really important. Comets also nice but not a priority.

What do you all like?

Thanks!

+1 for Luminos. It seems to be one of the less frequently mentioned apps but I like it,- perhaps it's the name that puts people off, not so immediately appealing as, say, Sky Safari? The Deep Sky lists including the ability to record your sightings is a nice feature.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived