Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO ASI120 MC...

knobby

Hi all, anyone using this cam on a 150 sw Mak? If so does it have an ir filter? Are you using it? Or are you using your own filters?

Hi Knobby.

I have one of these cameras and have used it with a Baader 685 which is a long pass filter. I have used this on an Intes Micro Mac Newt to good effect. These are great cameras Knobby of that point I'm sure you'll already know. I have had some successful images with it. Hope this helps but if you want to know anything further please let me know. I attach an image of Uranus taken through that filter in an attempt to get some detailpost-32779-0-54237600-1383910045_thumb.p

Regards Barv. 

Cheers Barv, I may be Picking one up tomorrow and wondered if it had an ir or I'd be better off with my own that I used on the spc900.

Thanks again

It doesn't come with an IR filter Knobby, just so as you know.

Mine also came with an IR filter that fits on the end of the nosepiece.  I believe the newer ones can get an 18mm(?) IR filter that sits inside the camera very close to the sensor.  Amongst other things that makes it possible to mount the camera using the C mount (or possibly a T thread -- I've not checked what the other one is) and still have the IR filter.

It's tempting to buy the smaller windows to fit to my existing cameras just to make it easier to keep dust off the sensor.  I can't find them for sale in the UK at the moment though, so I might have to get them from ZWO.

James

Archived