Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sad news from Peak Star Party 2013

jamespels

I am very sad to tell of the recent death of Beate Morecroft, a truly wonderful character and regular visitor to Peak Star Party.

Beate suffered a stroke at PSP2013; despite being rushed to Macclesfield hospital she did not recover and passed away in the evening of Tuesday 22 Oct.

A brief memorial to Beate and details of her funeral are on the PSP site, here: http://www.peakstarparty.co.uk/index.php/8-pdds/announcements/48-rip-beate.

Beate will be sadly missed and our deepest sympathies are with her husband Graham and his family.

James.

On a personal note I would just like to add that Beate was a real character at all the PSP events. From the moment she arrived to the moment she left she always was smiling and up for a laugh, usually at my expense.  :icon_mrgreen:  She would regularly ask me "When will it be clear?" and my stock reply was always "Soon" and she would just laugh.

PSP 2013 made me chuckle when she, along with a few other ladies were all trying to put the home made telescopes together. The kids managed it with little help or interference but the ladies could not do much for laughing at each other’s attempts, again it was Beate who was the main culprit in this. :D

Beate and the many other characters are what make organising this event so very worthwhile.

The astronomy community has lost a very special person who will be greatly missed by all at PSP.

Paul....

Archived