NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

scb2000 revamp mod

shirva

Usual up here ..pouring down so to keep the sanity going to rehouse the scb2000..from current mod..that is....ir filter lens removed...top case 40mm fan mod sucking hot air out,,,40mm fan internally fitted behind ccd sensor ,,,and two 18mm fans fitted to side casing at front.

New mod

Salvaged box section light aluminium thats bigger than camera ,,,,,going to remove top and bottom casings and manufacture new casing ..being bigger hopefully heat will disperse quicker...have ordered a 70mm fan heat sink combo and will try and mount on underside of casing hopefully with a peltier,top casing will have largest fan casing can take...length will be increased hopefully to create a insulated partition between main board and sensor board...four smaller fans will be fitted along side casing front and rear..switching for peltier and cooling on case with led tell tales..with small temp sensor fitted to case with internal probe.,,,,davy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good Davy.

Yes, the aluminium casing should help with cooling. That's why I did it to my Sammy 4000.

I made the new casing larger so heat could escape, and the new aluminium casing gets chilled by the peltier cooler.

I went to a shower screen manufacturer for some aluminium channel to make mine.

This first photo shows how the 4000 front and back panels stay connected when the original case is removed,

The second photo shows the channel I used, and it fitted to the camera as the new case.

post-32182-0-56164900-1383720715_thumb.j

post-32182-0-50329100-1383720737_thumb.j

Yeh ken aly channek i have looks wider,,giung to cool base under main board in my mod ...going to use pcb laquer to seal board from condensation..mod i have works fine just time to experiment...davy

Bit more space to play in on the baby samsung case than yours ken,,,heatsink n fan dispatched,,,,,thinking of holding off on az goto mount on back order from flo,,,cant use stuff i have,,,why bother getting more,,,hence mod lol,,,davy

wow finally found a post on the scb2000. i have one and i want to attach it to my telescope, my barlow x3 fits over the lens perfectly but because its been raining for past week and its windy i havent had a chance to test it out.  do you think it will work??  i used the camera before on a tripod stood in my window at night filming meteors and other stuff in the sky. 

i have removed the ir filter inside the camera and since i have done that its all black and white. any idea why i cant get colour on the camera anymore?

Measured the ally channel its 90mm wide ..length to be determined yet ...rear end of camera will have 70 ohm coaxial cable and power supply fitted and sealed up and osd will be done by carls osd inline controller...davy

Update...casing not alloy got a right check at it..galvanised tin, will work out better, easier to work on...end section cut..will cut second tomorrow. ..dimensions 90mm x 50mm of channel...Heatsink/fan combo arrived today ..

Cooler master ...part no ecc 00126 01....will try on casing tomorrow. ..photos of Heatsink/fan combination attache. ..davypost-15330-0-49372700-1383951907_thumb.jpost-15330-0-36934000-1383951958_thumb.j

Couple of bits im waiting on coming from the bay..should start it at weekend. .cut the new casing to approx size..need to hole drill front section to mount nosecone..fans are monsters ..high cfm ratings..40mm fans are pretty low cfm rated .thinking of just using two on sides at front and have them blowing ambient air in front section of casing and large top fan sucking it out..davy

Archived