Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi all im looking into getting a DMK in time for the next Astrocamp in April, and i was wonder what people can suggest? obviously id like one that gives good results when your using it, im not going to go mad on price either. it will be mainly planet use im unsure if its usefull for moon and solar imaging. so any suggestions would be lovely. 

Thanks

Chris 

For planetary I would think the DMK21 618 @60fps would be best, however, for solar the DMK41 does a real good job, The biggest question though is do you want colour for planets. Mono is better for moon and solar.

If i want colour will that bump up the price? i do really like how the colour images look though if theres not much price difference if any at all then yes i do want colour 

will that wheel be needed for a colour camera then? 

For a color camera no, you don't need a filter wheel. For mono you need it  + RGB filters + others depending on needs. Color cameras can be more handy on planets, but for Sun/Moon mono cameras are more efficient (+ you can do more type of planetary imaging with them).

With a 127 Mak you're not going to get a moderately-priced astro camera that will even get close to fitting the Sun or Moon on a single frame, though you could use a DSLR if you have one.  I think you'd need a mosaic of at least four frames.

And for the price of the DMK41 you could probably get a DFK21 and a DSLR.

James

With a 127 Mak you're not going to get a moderately-priced astro camera that will even get close to fitting the Sun or Moon on a single frame, though you could use a DSLR if you have one.  I think you'd need a mosaic of at least four frames.

And for the price of the DMK41 you could probably get a DFK21 and a DSLR.

James

well im thinking of getting an ed80 for christmas, and when i do use the webcam on the moon i normally only use it for close ups im not too fussed about getting a full image a i do use a dslr for that 

Then it would be good to pick a "planetary" camera that also can easily work as a guide camera. ST4 port would the nice part. At the moment it's in newer ASI cameras, or French iNova. QHY5-II series also have ST4 but they seems to be less popular/lower rated than ASI in planetary imaging.

Archived