Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First DSO

RobertC

As a few members know i am having problems with my alignment etc but using one star alignment at the moment for it to track. This is my first ever nebulae shot and offcourse it had to be M42:) Certainly need to buy a light pollution filter as the sodium lights definitely add the yellow/orange into the image even though i tried to keep my exposure length as short as possible.

3 x 30 second exposures at ISO 1600, only got 3 as i was freezing. Not my best images but still rather happy i managed to get such.

fne8p1.jpg

Uh oh RobertC you are in for it now!  This is a fun link to look through.  A light pollution filter should be the next thing you look into.  I'm sure you've been working on polar alignment, but that is what is going to help you most in tracking and extending the length of your subs.  There is quite a bit to learn but I have thoroughly enjoyed learning from scratch when I started this hobby 3 years ago.  

-Steve

Uh oh RobertC you are in for it now!  This is a fun link to look through.  A light pollution filter should be the next thing you look into.  I'm sure you've been working on polar alignment, but that is what is going to help you most in tracking and extending the length of your subs.  There is quite a bit to learn but I have thoroughly enjoyed learning from scratch when I started this hobby 3 years ago.  

-Steve

Yes, i have been looking at a few filters. Ones for that will fit inside my 60d and ones that are threaded. A light pollution filter is a must here even though i am some distance from the city.

Archived