NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DVR H960

hadyn42

Hello all.

Please could someone give me some help?

I have a PD1 and  a Watec 902h camera's. I would like to know before  I was to buy a dvr unit which has 960H resolution would this be suitable. The specs  say it gives 34% more definition than a D1 and the company selling the dvr says its backward compatable  with D1 camera's. I would just like to know if this dvr will be okay with my camera please?

Best regards, Hadyn - IOM

Hello All.

Davy:-

Thank you for your message / help.

We are away from the island staying in Manchester at moment, I found a shop on-line here, who yet again don't post to the IOM, so I may visit them tomorrow and have a look at their goods. The company is called Aban  Technology.....

Best regards, Hadyn

Hadyn...thats who me and hubble bubble karl got ours from..karl is getting s replacement for his and im in contact with them as well i cant get my dvr to back up to usb..still recon the concept is good ..like all it may take a bit of jiggery pokery to sort out...davy

hadyn..I have sent them an email about my dvr and outlined the use I/we intend using it for and that I had recommended them to others and that you may go into see them tomorrow,hopefully they may try and give you a bit more of a courtesy if you mention sgl video forum, and that the intended use is for astronomy,,,maybe a bit of discount would be good too ... lol...hope this helps....davy

Hello Davy

Thank you for your input and reply.

I must say that about 3 weeks ago I sent the company an email about me calling into seeing them as I did try to buy a dvr on the bay, but as mentioned before they don't deliver to the island. I have not had any mail back from them, so I think my visit today could be fun, lol. I will get back to you later and let you know how I get on.

You mentioned that you had trouble about backing up the video to usb, well I think the dvr you bought and I tried to buy did mention that it does usb backup. I will ask all these questions and more today.

How many usb ports does the one you got have?

Best regards, Hadyn

PS heading their way after about 3pm today.

Hadyn, is this company in Cheetham hill. If it is, I think they might be wholesaler's that part of Manchester is where mostly all the wholesalers are near strangeways prison.

I bought a item off one of them and it was faulty and they didn't want to know, they said return to the manufacturer not to them. So I went round and gave them a load of verbal abuse big style while the place had a lot of people inside,  I was ready to launch him into the middle of next week and in the end they exchanged it.

Hadyn,,it has two usb ports one for mouse and one for back up ..john like your style...getting older n wiser now im a granda,,,aye right still wull fight n argue wae my iwn shaddow so im told n i thought i had mellowed with astronomy,,,lol...hadyn tell them if they thought john was bad,,,lol..im a nightmare before and after halloween....davy

Hello Johnno and Davy.

Johnno: The place I was at is up the New Bury Road (A56) The street name is Overbridge Road  (unit 11a). This place is  to the left of strangeways, so it could be the place you mentioned. The staff were very good and I managed to get £40 of my package which was a 4 ch dvr, 960H resolution with a 2 TB hard drive fitted..

Davy: I mentioned your name and mentioned you had emailed them. It wasn't until after an hour of chatting to the sales manager (Wain) another chap came out of the office and said he was just going through the emails and mentioned that you had sent a good sized email to them and that it was getting dealt with.The chap I dealt with (Wain)  is now fully aware of our hobby and was very interested indeed. I filled him in on what we use (only a newbie here, but learning, lol)  and what some of the results you expert guys are getting. Oh, by the way he will now post any further goods to the island free of charge, I think he only said that to shut me up! The place was not a work around look and buy shop, it was a case at have a look on the pc monitor and see what you might want to buy and they bring the goods to the counter  look at. To be honest I was a bit disappointed, I like to see the full display and have a good look around before purchasing.

If its urgent I can go there again  tomorrow and give them a rocket on your behalf if you would like?

Best regards, Hadyn - Isle of Man

I

Hello Davy

It looks as if they are talking a load of b.....ks. I only asked the question does our dvr's do a usb backup and internet control. The chap called Wain said yes yours and mine does that. He said to have a look on youtube, in other words they don't know how to do it themselves, looks as if its only a wholesale company and its probably the place Johnno mentioned before. They don't seem to do much support face to face, only phone or email contact. Yet on their site they say to ring or email them should you require setting up your system.

We are of to Blackpool just now to have a look at the lights etc and as mentioned before I can nip back up to the store and give them a ear bashing tomorrow if you would like me to??

I will be back staying in Bury tonight at around 10pm and I will check here to see if you need someone heavy going back to the store, lol.  We are heading home on Saturday morning, so plenty of time to try and get things sorted!

Best regards, Hadyn - Bury / Isle of Man

Cheers guys,,the unit i think is ok to my knowledge,it has two usb ports and one is for the mouse,i can swich mouse to either one and works,.now when i put urn a 500gb hd it recognises it and says checking until it kicks itout,a brand new 32gb usb stick it wont even recognise it,,,,,argh [removed word],,,,so is my hd to big for iton check mode,,,usb stick mmmm i dont know...davy

Yes there is a format function think its for internal hd,,,,just to top it off new mount hasnt turned up from flo,,,,good news, i got u channel aluminium salvaged from back of a scrap dealers van thats in for repair (shush) think it will be ideal for rehousing samsung ,,,full body mod multi fan peltier job now i have pd as a back up.

Update on dvr ,,,the thing is knackered ,,it wont boot up after system init screen,,crashes then scteen says signal lost,,,,drive you nuts this blooming thing turning into a nightmare,,,emailed them see what they say,,bought via paypal so dont know if i can get them to get money back ect im so raging,,,,could be doing other things instead of chasing my butt on this.

Hello Guys

Sorry to hear you are not having any joy with your dvr Davy....

DAVY: Sorry if I am copying others, have you formatted the usb on your laptop / pc in a fat32 format?  Also you say that your dvr will not reboot, can I ask is the usb stick in the dvr while you try to reboot? If it is, your dvr maybe trying to boot from the usb stck and not the hard drive. I had similar problem many years ago with a portable usb hard drive whilst it was plugged into my pc, the error message on my pc said "unable to boot from hard drive etc etc.

The dvr I just bought does just says Standalone DVR,  Model number VU-496 (960H). I am stay away of the island so unable to test it out as yet...

Davy: I am in Manchester tomorrow afternoon, the offer is still there, do you want me to call in to the store and chat to them??

On here for another 30 minutes then heading for bed... Will check on here at 9am in the morning.......

Best regards,  Hadyn

Dvr getting picked up on mon our tues ..a waiting game from there....had to email flo as well on thurs night no sign of new sw az goto mount email today its on back order got refund through paypal but not showing up on balance have "£26 need to check that out as well now....davy

Archived