NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meteor?

Nuno

Hi everyone :)

I have this photo that I taken a few days ago and I was wondering if anyone of you can have an idea if the tiny trail on the botton right of the picture is some kind of meteor or just the sun rays.

This picture was taken just before the sunrise and I dont believe that its a meteor because I always see meteors falling down and not going up the sky xD

post-32042-0-61747400-1382896932_thumb.j

Cheers :)

Didn't knew about the Orionids.. it does match the description about appearing on the orion zone in late October. 

Or it can be just a satellite xD.. Either way thanks for the orionids info :)

Orionid meteors should appear to come from the radiant which is located NE of Betelgeuse. Your mystery object could possibly be a sporadic meteor, and you were lucky enough to have the shutter open at the right time.

God knows we've tried long and hard to get some meteor shots over the years and always seem to be resetting or moving the camera at exactly the wrong moment.!!

Either way, nice shot.

Regards 

Les

Archived