Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon detail.....Which scope?

Solar_observer

Yes I totally agree with you. I think an 8mm bst with the Barlow you suggest (gso) that would cover low and high for the moon and a 5 mm on its own for the middle range. And the 25mm stock for bright dso,which are secondary to my moon and planets main observing objects.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which Barlow would you recommend? Thanks

There has been a lot of discussions about barlows for the Heritage 130p, some say they do not have enough in-focus with the helical focuser, I have used the stock barlow with the stock 25mm EP and it focused okay however I could not get the stock 10mm EP to focus (not enough in-focus) whilst observing Jupiter. People on other threads have got away with shortening the truss slightly (loosening the truss and sliding it in a few mm until you get focus) however I did not think to try this when observing. :rolleyes:

Well the scope is on its way and the 5mm ep is being posted on Monday. I emailed alan regarding this ep with this scope and he said it will be fine. If the scopes maximum is 260x, this ep will give 130x so how can it not be ok? I'm still a relative newbie so I'm either missing something......? Anyway I will give this ep a try when it arrives and let you know (weather permitting, of course) I'm looking forward to getting this scope,I think it will do me fine with what I want to do, also it will complement my 10x50 opticron and strathspey 15 x70 bins. Here is too first light :-)

Just put an order in for the heritage,off flo :-) also going to order a 5mm bst,from Alan .

Is this the 5mm BST Starfinder EP? if so could you let me know how you get on, thanks.

Archived