Some Ha mosaics

Mark72

Hi Mark

Some beautiful images there.  I have been thinking of getting a CCD and looking over the merits of black & white vs colour.  The B&W definately gives more detail, but I was wondering if in post production you could get more out of a colour picture by layering  a b&w image created in Photoshop and changing the blending mode.

Which RGB filters and carousel would you recommend if I decided to go the b&w route.

Thanks

Brenda  :smiley:

Thanks for nice comments!

Brenda,

I image these objects with full Moon. When I could use RGB I go for galaxies and dusty/reflection nebula.

You need a lot of RGB to colorize the Ha this way. You can check Dean Salman Shrarpless catalogue for this.

I use QSI 683 with integrated filter wheel and Astrodon filters. I think your question is more for Discussion forum where you could get a more educated advise.

Mark

Those are amazing mosaics Mark! Is your Astrodon 3nm or 5nm? I'm working at the moment in a mosaic for the Heart nebula with my H9 and

I need about 8 panes to cover it properly and give it some background... Oh well, small chip..., but it keeps me busy!

E.

Archived