NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Who else sells Revelation/GSO Dobsonians??

emadmoussa

Hi,

The only 10" Dobsonian (Revelation/GSO) is from Teleskop Service and adding the shipping fees and conversion rate the price mounts to about £520.

I can see that Telescope House and Harrison Telescope ''had'' them, but no more. does anybody know where else they could be found in the UK??

Hi,

The only 10" Dobsonian (Revelation/GSO) is from Teleskop Service and adding the shipping fees and conversion rate the price mounts to about £520.

I can see that Telescope House and Harrison Telescope ''had'' them, but no more. does anybody know where else they could be found in the UK??

http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/Revelation-Dobsonians-1.html

I agree with Daniel though, great price at FLO :).

I' d love the 12 inch at this price. Problem is still not quite sure about actual size and portability.

As for the SW 10 ", I am saving it as a last resort. The reason I'd like a GSO is the dual focuser, better mount and probably the built in cooling fan. Having had a SW 200P for a while makes me suspicious about the reliability of the 10" Dob focuser...

I' d love the 12 inch at this price. Problem is still not quite sure about actual size and portability.

As for the SW 10 ", I am saving it as a last resort. The reason I'd like a GSO is the dual focuser, better mount and probably the built in cooling fan. Having had a SW 200P for a while makes me suspicious about the reliability of the 10" Dob focuser...

Seems perfectly fine for me :). I can get a sharp focus, and that's all that matters for visual ;).

Ah well, I guess you could always upgrade the focuser if you dont get along. How is the base?

Quite smooth, although I may try and find a way to improve that part of it a bit (nothing wrong with it, I just feel I may be able to get it slightly smoother). As for carrying it's fine for carrying up and down stairs, but it is quite an awkward shape. Very compact though, it takes up less space than an open HEQ-5 tripod.

Stick one of these on the SW,,,,super smooth,,,,FLO stock them......

DSC_9548.jpg

Do do you go about balancing when you use, say, a heavy eyepiece? Is the axis adjustable?

I wouldn't know, I don't really have any heavy eyepieces. The heaviest eyepiece I have, the LV 50mm has an exit pupil that is too big for this scope (better suited to my smaller, slower refractors).

Archived