Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Are celestron and revelation 15x70 the same instrument?

jnb

I suspect they are very similar. Steve (BinocularSky) would know a lot more, perhaps you should contact him :).

HTH

Not much help, I'm afraid. Certainly same factory (United Optics, Kunming) and both are the BA1, but I've never had the Rev into bits :laugh: .  The basic "geometry" will be identical, but there are differences across the BA1 range in selection of glass for objectives,  prism material, coatings, eyepiece type and possibly other things. Also, the Celestron (at least some of them) have the right eyepiece dioptre arrangement cemented together, whereas the Strathspey (another example of the BA1) uses grub-screws.

Not much help, I'm afraid. Certainly same factory (United Optics, Kunming) and both are the BA1, but I've never had the Rev into bits :laugh: .  The basic "geometry" will be identical, but there are differences across the BA1 range in selection of glass for objectives,  prism material, coatings, eyepiece type and possibly other things. Also, the Celestron (at least some of them) have the right eyepiece dioptre arrangement cemented together, whereas the Strathspey (another example of the BA1) uses grub-screws.

Perhaps you should dismantle the revelation binoculars then ;).

OK, same question. If they're different is there any reason to choose one over the other?

Only £49.99 for the Revelations at the moment.

All the Revelation products have had a massive price drop earlier in the week.

That would be enough to swing it for me.

They were £60 last Monday.

My experience is the same as John's above - except for the cosmetics they are remarkably identical in performance. A couple of years ago my mate brought his Rev 15x70's to our dark site to compare with my Celestron 15x70's and he too thought there was nothing between them. Hth :)

Archived