Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Urgent advice please mount won't work

Taff

Hi' This afternoon i was having a go with my new NEQ6 Synscan mount indoors, having a go with the hand set just to have a go.But now i don't get any power when the switch is on and no red light. There is a message on the hand set with a notice [No link to M.C. Stand-alone mode] Any help Please.Mark

This error message appears when one powers the handset independently of the mount. If the power is traveling from the mount to the handset, and you are unable to get the red light on in the mount, then either something has blown inside the mount (which would be odd if it is still powering the handset), or there is something faulty in the connections or the lead between the mount and the handset (which again would be odd if it still allows positive and negative connections to power the handset).

Have you done lots of unplugging of everything and starting from absolute scratch, and making sure you are putting all the leads in the right holes.

James

Hi James' Thanks for your reply.I have gone back from scratch by placeing the cables in to the hand set.Put the power on, i have power in the hand set but no red light in the mount.There is no funny smell coming from the mount like burning, and the power pack is the right one for the mount.Mark

James' Thanks very much for your help it is working now.I  can't work it out how it was working off the hand set early on.And the error message have gone, i still got teething probs with the mount have not been out side with it yet fun and games.Mark

Maybe there was a load of umpf in the battery to start with and it could somehow power the mount via the handset, but now the voltage has dipped it can't do it; but electronics and physics isn't my think, that is more Steve's domain :)

I'm glad it is working.

You are wise to have a good play with it in doors, it gets you more sued to what to do and where the knobs and things are. Do a mock polar alignment to make sure you know in principle what you should be doing.

Glad its sorted.

James

That will be a good starting point. But you might want a slightly better polar alignment. Have a read of the manual about using the polar scope; it is difficult, just takes some time to get your head around the process.

I'm excited for you.

James

I have been reading on the polar scope and up loaded the manual so i can make the words bigger.Plus i have uploaded 2 software when ready to use with the laptop when i'm out side just in case i might get probs with one of them.Mark

Archived