Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Keswick, The Lake District

Keswickpete

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another Cumbrian here! although I now live in Cambridgeshire after moving down from just outside Carlisle about 12 years ago. I still go back regularly to visit family and friends (and for the footy). Anyway, another belated hello!

The lakes eh?

Nice place to live for sure.

I get up that way often for work, so I hope to get my scope there one day/night.

I wonder if I could incorporate my scope into my business and hire it out for an evening.. hmmmm?

and don't think for one minute if I'm joking.. I'm being serious, lol

Hi Pete and welcome (I'm new here too) - Keswick - one of my favourite parts of the country - regularly used to stay in Allonby near Maryport and drop into the North Lakes for the day - Keswick pencil museum! - That was one of my favourite days out. I envy you for the clear night sky - it's like looking through an orange soup here :D Could do the gardening by night there's that much light pollution - it doesn't help that there's a Morrisons just down the road and they leave their car park lights on all night - must have money to burn :D

regards

John

Pete, further to joining an Astro Society, I know Stuart Atkinson now runs the Eddington Astronomical Society, near Kendal.

If you are interested, I can PM you Stuarts email address, and you can have a word with him.

PM me if you are interested.

Ron.

Archived