NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

But I am the accused here for some reason and I don't know why.  Have a look at my posts, what do they tell you, that I'm not genuinely interested in learning about astronomy, about what scope I should get?  That was my sole intention when I signed up to SGL, I didn't even know it had a classified section until someone suggested I check it out on a topic I initiated "Best scope for planexy man!" which has already had about 60'odd posts from myself and other users.  Surely that topic in itself is proof of my genuineness?

As far as rules go, I am a stickler for following things by the book in my life and at work.  My high morals and honesty are at the root of everything I do. 

This forum is brilliant and I really don't want to lose my credibility on it.  If you think it necessary then please wipe my posts to zero and keep them there because what I want above all from SGL is to be able to tap into the wealth of experience that's on here to help me on my journey of understanding and hopefully in the future become a contributor too.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starwonder, i think you have taking this out of context, and please dont think me rude for saying this, the mod team know when a person is post farming to get to classifieds.

Just carry on using SGL and enjoy being a member here

But I am the accused here for some reason and I don't know why.  Have a look at my posts, what do they tell you, that I'm not genuinely interested in learning about astronomy, about what scope I should get?  That was my sole intention when I signed up to SGL, I didn't even know it had a classified section until someone suggested I check it out on a topic I initiated "Best scope for planexy man!" which has already had about 60'odd posts from myself and other users.  Surely that topic in itself is proof of my genuineness?

As far as rules go, I am a stickler for following things by the book in my life and at work.  My high morals and honesty are at the root of everything I do. 

This forum is brilliant and I really don't want to lose my credibility on it.  If you think it necessary then please wipe my posts to zero and keep them there because what I want above all from SGL is to be able to tap into the wealth of experience that's on here to help me on my journey of understanding and hopefully in the future become a contributor too.

I don't think you have been accused of anything, I think John was simply pointing out a situation which can and does occur on the forum. I don't read his words as being directed at you and he made that clear in his second post. The moderators have a tough time dealing with lots of people who try to blagg their way in to get access to the classifieds, obviously you are not one of them I think that is clear for all to see...:) It is often reminded on any thread regarding the access rules about unnecessary posting, so I wouldn't feel bothered by it.

Okay guys, thanks.

I really was not accusing you of anything at all. Honestly  :smiley:

Your posts to date are excellent and I'm really pleased that you are a member here. My earlier post was no more than a little guidance at most and it's something that is often posted when this topic comes up.

I hope you stay with us and continue to enjoy the forum  :smiley:

Thanks John.

I sincerely hope to continue enjoying the forum. It's a fabulous community of people who I have found want to genuinely share their own experiences and give advice that hasn't made me feel intimidated at all despite my obvious lack of knowledge on the subject, credit surely to those who have designed and manage the SGL.  :smiley:

Reading this for the first time I have to laugh a bit. :confused:

By the time the first question asked, points have been made, things misunderstood, defence of their honesty defended and understanding and apologies made, Starwonder hasn't half added a goodly number to their post count and not one can be called "post farming". :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

i actually think its a great idea to have they limits on the classifieds. As said above it gives buyers confidence they are buying from a decent person and not going to get ripped off.

Random question tho... whats the reasoning for having a minimum post count for editing your posts? :)

Random question tho... whats the reasoning for having a minimum post count for editing your posts? :)

A few folks were posting rather nasty things and then editing their posts after the offence had been caused. 

Archived