Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solar close-up at 4m, spicules and loop prominences

AstroWolvy

Among the bad weather and the fact that my solar telescope is dismanteled, I am dedicated to data processing resumed in June, during the day of that giant filament liftoff of which I produced an animation.

Video Youtube

solar-prominence-liftoff.jpg

Having already assembled the telscope that day I decided to do a quick tour of the sun disk searching for a new subject, I realize that at the limit of vision I see what appear to be jets of matter due to an active region on the edge of the Sun
The seeing wasn't so bad, only the lack of transparency, in fact the sky shows that classic color of milky hot sunny days.
So I try to remove the focal reducer and start to capture. At that resolution the small jets were much more evident and I could follow its evolution for about twenty minutes before I have to return to the office.

That area had been hammered by continuous flares, who had brought the classic loops formations, intertwined, a few hours later another big explosion had released a good amount of matter in to the space. The spicules and micro surges lively move one another on the surface, while the large (at that focal :)) loops high above.
I hope you enjoy it.

Youtube Video

solar-closeup.jpg

Archived