NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

T - ring debacle - canon

The upper one doesn't fit a coma corrector but my 1.25 or 2" adapters.

The lower one will probably fit my new coma corrector. The coma corrector goes nicely into the top of my 2" extension... Ahm... The right terms escape me... Here's the pics: this way it fits.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This way it doesn't:

Posted Image

Why does no one write sizes on these adapters anyway?????

A aargh!!!!

Where's my whiskey!!??

you should have M48 t-ring then the CC, it says on FLO's website

Yeah - seen it - thought about it - thought I'd bought one already...

What I didn't realise was that there's a difference between an M48, a T- ring and a T-ring adapter...

Before that I didn't realise that my 2" T-ring adapter wouldn't fit neither my Mak nor my 130p zzz ...

What else did I not quite grasp???

Oh yeah - a fast Newtonian WILL need a coma corrector for DSLR's.

I'm sure there was more...

I should make a list for beginners... With approximate prices...

Gulp gulp gulp

Mhm... Not better yet...

Gulp gulp

Out of anger, I punished myself by ordering this M48 by next day delivery (15£) and lo and behold it arrived on Saturday just before the clouds rolled in on Sunday (despite the forecast saying clear clear clear).

More time for my liver then... Bless her...

Lol - would you say liver is a "she"?

Am writing the list at present with Ardbeg on my mind...Will go in the beginner equipment section later...

Ardbeg is not a beginners dram. Maybe better to go for a mellow Singleton or Glenmorangie to start with.. Leave the Islays for the long, dank nights of winter!

Ardbeg is not a beginners dram. Maybe better to go for a mellow Singleton or Glenmorangie to start with.. Leave the Islays for the long, dank nights of winter!

True! This doesn't belong in the beginners section!!! Lol!!!

Forget the T-ring. A 10 yr old malt is a better investment.

I must admit though that i prefer my tipple to be spelled Whiskey. Its not patriotism or anything like that. I just prefer the Irish "water of Life".

Its the first one you want, top of the list on the FLO link (Canon EOS) assuming your camera is auto focus, if its manual focus then its the 2nd one down (EOS M)

I agree. I suppose i have to make some kind of astronomy related comment on this thread.

Archived