Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eqmod slewing wrong way!

astrogardener

Hi guy's,

I've recently gone the Eqmod/planitarium (cdc) upgrade from Synscan on my Neq6. Everything seems to be ok, the mount parks and unparks, and syncs ok but when I slew to a star the dec axis goes the wrong way, I only found this out when I disabled the 'Limits' in Eqmod. :shocked:

I've checked the Lat and Lon settings and the time, date etc, all are synced with the PC. I've even deleted and reloaded Eqmod and CDC. No change. :BangHead:

The mount is in a roll off obsy, and If I use the Synscan handset it slews as it should..

Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

A.

Thanks for the comments, food for thought!

One thing I forgot to mention, I was, as a test, going from Park to Unpark (Home, weights down etc) then issueing a slew to Gamma Cas, Alpha Peg, Alpha Tri etc, and every time it slew in the opposite direction. Then I turned off 'Limits', only then did I realise after letting it slew to a stop that it was bang on the star! 

I'll check out all your ideas and let you know.

Thanks again.

A.

Archived