NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Light Optics

Re my message regarding the Celestron 9.25 I posted earlier this week, has anyone tried seeking help about a potential sale and to seek advice via e-mail from First Light Optics? I sent FLO an e-mail yesterday only to receive what I think may be an automated response to say that a support account had been opened for me. When I logged on tonight using the Username and password allocated to me I was able to view the ticket but it appears to have been "closed" with no response to my query. How do these tickets work?

I have not dealt with FLO yet, but from posts on this forum I was under the impression that they were a good firm to do business with and are willing to offer advice (which I need). Anyway, I've completed another e-mail query tonight through their web page this time. Hopefully that will get a response.

In view of the time of year maybe I'm being a little unreasonable, particularly as I don't intend to place my order until after Christmas. But my query is genuine and I would like to consider their response over the holidays with the intention of placing an order in two weeks time (maybe less). I will be laying out what I consider to be a fair sum of money from my savings (the best part of £2,000 perhaps a little more).

I have dealt with David Hinds previously and found Nikki very efficient and friendly. Maybe I'll stick with them.

Your thoughts/experiences with FLO please fellas.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure you will, Steve was/is snowed under with just getting orders out in time for christmas and that's hopfully done and dusted now so I imagine he'll be catching up with emails, answer messages and whatnot as we speak.

Tony..

... I imagine he'll be catching up with emails, answer messages and whatnot as we speak.

That about sums it up :D

Apologies for the delayed response Russell but this is the single busiest week of the year and we are putting in a lot of extra hours just to keep on top of existing orders. I really have no idea at this stage how your enquiry, sent only yesterday, was closed! I can only imagine one of us, probably me, ticked the wrong box in error :oops:

I have dealt with David Hinds previously and found Nikki very efficient and friendly. Maybe I'll stick with them.

DHinds are indeed one of the UK's best suppliers with over 40 years experience, not to mention a warehouse and a team dedicated to dispatch :lol: For FLO (one year-old) to be compared in any way to them is flattering, even if it wasn't meant that way :rolleyes:

Needless to say I shall respond to your enquiry tonight.

What is going on? Steve is still working hard at gone 4am, Kai is posting at 5am - oh, of course they can't sleep because they are over-excited waiting for Santa to arrive.

Don't worry boys, only a few more days and your dreams will come true - Kai will find presents on the end of his bed and Steve will just find his bed.

Mike

Hi guys, just to let you know I've had a very friendly and helpful response from Steve and James, I think I should have been a little more understanding at what has clearly been a very busy time for FLO. I wish Steve and his business well.

Sorry to take you away from your hard work Steve, I'll contact you again hopefully before the end of the month (probably by 'phone) when I'm ready to make my order.

Now relax and enjoy the holidays!

I'm back outside to view Mars now, but seeing doesn't seem to be too good (only a little detail to be seen visually from time to time and best seen through a red filter). Terrible light pollution from next door's security light and old lunar, but at least she presents good viewing.

Merry Christmas!

Archived