NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

There... I'm leaving the mount outside tonight...

emadmoussa

OK, last night I dreamed somebody nicked the mount... :D :D

Anyway, this morning I checked, everything looks perfect and it seems the salt around the pillar legs killed a couple of slugs before they made their way up the mount and also helped  suck some of moisture around lower exposed metal parts.

Motion sensor on order now...

Very funny.. :grin:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mount lives permanently outside with a cover over it, been out there for 18 months without any sign of weather to it. I doubt anyone would pinch it, much more likely to make off with the tools & bike in the shed.

To be honest I'm tempted to do that. If  you don't mind me asking, how do protect the metal from moisture?

Anyway, this morning I checked, everything looks perfect and it seems the salt around the pillar legs killed a couple of slugs...

I might be a bit of a softy but I think it's a little kinder to leave saucers of beer around the garden. Slugs and snails (and horses) love the stuff; a little sip and off they go no damage done :smiley:

I might be a bit of a softy but I think it's a little kinder to leave saucers of beer around the garden. Slugs and snails (and horses) love the stuff; a little sip and off they go no damage done :smiley:

Im teetotal, so beer is a rarity at our house. Salt does work.. ;)

Archived