Cleaning the secondary spot on a Mak

Stu

Be interested to hear from anyone who knows the best way to clean the secondary spot on a Mak.

I took the front plate off mine a while back to get rid of a dead spider (!) and noticed a largish black spot on the secondary. I am assuming this is responsible for the disrupted diffraction rings I've been seeing and wondered what the best approach is regarding cleaning? I assume it is a first surface mirror and probably same risk of scratching as a primary mirror?

I am actually quite tempted to take the scope back to OO after PSP to fully sure it and collimate it but would ideally like this gone so I get some decent views if poss.

Many thanks,

Stu

Hi Stu, i cleaned the mirror on the corrector with my old omc 140, just use a tiny bit of baader fluid with suitable soft cloth, afterwards you may have to "huff" some breath on it and give it another wipe with cloth, i would advise against other option, wont post about it hear, pm me if needed

Archived