Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon DSLR Camera's & EOS

Purplehayze104

I use a modified Canon 1000d,  the removal of the filter makes a big difference.  It has live view although the screen on the camera when used with a Bahtinov mask is fine for focusing.  I also have a cheap (£14) intervalometer (Amazon) so do not find a need to use a laptop at all.  The 1000 is very light weight being an entry level model, which is great for what I want.  I also use an Astronomik CLS clip filter which gives good colour balance and works very well.

well ive got the nikon equivalent of your camera i think, paid full price for it as was for astro & general purpose everyday, dint fancy messing around with it, so thought a cheap seconds one would be fine, i cannot get the clip filter for my camera neither so very limited, there seems a lot of stuff for the canon

I use a 1000D. I used it prime focus on my 150P for a couple of years and now use it for widefield with lenses. Nice and light, good red Ha sensitivity even unmodded (if you give it enough exposure time) and the batteries last fairly well. The 450D or 1100D are even better on paper. I have an 1100D as well but don't get on with it for AP; don't know why.

Visit http://cheapastrophotography.vpweb.co.uk/ and choose what ever he has there. He provides very good service and my 1100D is fantastic. Read me review @ 

If you want a cheap one go with a 450D, if you want something better and newer look at the 1100D, either the secondhand, mfr refurbished or new 1100d

Archived