NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skyliner 200p DSLR Mount.

I thought the dobsonians came with the 2x barlow, same as the tripod mounted 200p.

But it doesn't.

It sounds like the supplier forgot to put one in the box.

The SW scopes come with different 'extras'; the Explorers with a 2x Barlow and the 10mm and 25mm eyepieces, the Skyliners without the Barlow.

FLO does point out on its website that the accessories packed at the SW Factory can vary from time to time.

The 'standard' eyepieces also vary, some scopes having the 'Super' type which are MA (Multi Achromat) and some having the Plössl ones which are physically bigger and a bit better. People often talk about the Barlow which comes with the scope as being 3 element rather than the separately purchased SW ones which are said to be 4 elements, and the 10mm Super eyepiece is often said to be not a 'keeper' for the long term.

I have had all of these through my hands when purchasing scopes second hand. I haven't stripped down the Barlows but the one which was packed with the Explorer 150p did not have blackened edges to the component lenses whereas the separately purchased one did. Otherwise to the untrained eye both seemed to perform the task equally well. I have now assigned the non-blackend Barlow to be the modified one used in combination with a laser collimator for aligning the primary mirror.

Ahh I see! Could you tell me if the T Rings are a universal fitting/size (the camera end) as I have a Panasonic SD900 Camcorder and would like to attach that at some point.

You will probably have to go down another route with the camcorder, possibly a digiscope adapter taking imaging through an eyepiece (afocal imaging)

Archived