NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Spc900 and lx mod

watersblue

Talk to Andy Ellis at "Astronomiser" - he'll tell you all you need to know about webcam mods (and he does them too but it's costly).

But the SPC's can be used as guide cams without the mod. All you need is a 1.25" nose piece adaptor (about £15) and a guide scope to pop it in (the Skywatcher ST80 is popular for that). Hth :)

http://www.astronomiser.co.uk/

Talk to Andy Ellis at "Astronomiser" - he'll tell you all you need to know about webcam mods (and he does them too but it's costly).

But the SPC's can be used as guide cams without the mod. All you need is a 1.25" nose piece adaptor (about £15) and a guide scope to pop it in (the Skywatcher ST80 is popular for that). Hth :)

http://www.astronomiser.co.uk/

thanks, brantuk. I just need the mount and guidescope, now. Meh!

Well, as you have the camera I'd say give it a try as it is and see how well it works. If you're handy with a soldering iron then it's a fiddly but not incredibly hard mod to do the LX conversion. If you're not then I'd say look for a second hand QHY5/QHY5-II/QHY5L-II. QHY5's seem pretty rare second hand though -- I've been looking for one for a project for a while and not seen one. If you can find a colour model then depending on how good it is you could even consider selling the SPC900 to offset the cost as it might well make a decent planetary imaging camera too.

James

Archived