NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC7331 Deer Lick Galaxy group

Quatermass

Lovely night last night after the clouds had dispersed and gone to bed. Having a look for Galaxy groups in the Pegasus region to image this is the first one I decided to have go at. Quite bright and easy to find,fortunately for me I have nice dark skies once all the street lights and house lights go off.

Canon 350D

Skywatcher 200p

Unguided

75 main images ISO set at 1600 for 50 seconds and some at ISO of 800 for 80 seconds.

Darks flats and bias from my stock.

post-8732-0-32009400-1378036759_thumb.jp

And here is where to find it.

post-8732-0-95825000-1378037120_thumb.jp

Thank you Dave and Mark, I tend to have my camera on my scope most nights but its kind of my way of observing :glasses9: seeing the subject on my laptop screen after the picture has been taken. I cant see these galaxy's with my eyes through the eyepiece at all but the camera does a great job at showing them up.

Yes I thought I would get into the habit of putting a picture showing the location of night sky objects along with the final image to help others out a bit saves time having to load up Stellirium to check it out. And on that subject I am finding my targets with out a go to system just using binoculars and bringing stellarium up on my laptop. However once I have the area roughly in my finder scope its far better to go on the google and search out a picture of the object when i am trying to figure out what the stars are around my screen shot image loaded from the camera. Stellarium is great for getting you there but its a bit lacking in detail closer up I find.

your flicker page is fantastic Stuart :smiley:

Archived