Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Missing this...

we still got the milky way here in the uk too buddy lol :) how come you got tree's at the bottom and top of your pano?

Up and over shot? :grin:

Nice image btw haitch. Just back from Italy and I know what you mean

Jamie

Yeah, we still got it but even at the star parties I've been to it's nowhere near as clear and vivid as my place in France. Bear in mind that was 5 minutes walk from my house which is in a village. Mind you it was nice of the council to turn the street lights off for the evening for us (30 French people and me) - although there's so few lights they make little difference as long as there isn't one in direct line of site.

It is 4 shots stitched together across the sky from horizon to horizon. I've only just found out about setting the white balance hence the colour difference between the shots. My camera is only an old Eos 10D and I used a 18-55 EF-S with the back hacked off to make it fit the EF only 10D. Set wide at about 18mm and at f4.5 I think it is. The 4 shots are 2 minute single exposures at ISO 3200. Only processed in Photoshop to try and put the white balance right.

I'm hoping to get them to have a star party (any excuse for a fete with them)

Archived