Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher HEQ5 with a mak 180?

ilove1995

Hi,

The after market motors on my eq3-2 mount have packed up so this could be a good excuse for me to upgrade. :smiley:

I want to continue imaging The Sun, Moon and planets using my sw mak 127 but at some point I will be looking to upgrade to a mak 180. The HEQ5 can apparently handle 11kg for imaging so a mak 180 along with my canon 600d will probably be close to this 11kg limit. Would anyone with a similar setup be able to give me some advice, particularly taking into account imaging solar objects.

Thanks

Al

It's fitted with a Skywatcher "autofocus" motor , as are all my scopes now , and it's controlled remotely via USB from the laptop using a Homebrew unit from Dion from the Shed.

Turns the 10:1 into 100:1 effectively .

He's stopped making them now but I'm sure someone else has taken the building of them on , I'll see if I can find him.

The unit just plugs into the hand controller socket on the motor.

Here's a link to the relavent thread ... http://www.astronomy...lit=usb focuser

Thanks nightfisher, what camera do use use with that setup?

I have 3 camera set ups, an Olympus pen micro four thirds dslr, a pentax optio T30 point an shoot for Lunar a-focal and a webcam for high res

• 2 weeks later...

Archived