new scope

PontyAstro

Hi all been in to astronomy for a few years now, started off with a skywatcher 130p reflector. I now have a Konus motormax 130 2000mm on an eq2 mount that I can't get on with so was thinking of buying a skywatcher synscan as GOTO, 102 1300mm to go with my butcherd 4" spotting scope. Which I use more than the Konus, going for the 102 as had good reviews and good video on YouTube and of course that killer the budget.

Welcome (again) ! Check out the Celestron equivalent, bit more but slightly more flexible software on a couple of points I've been banging on about lately. EQ mode and more universally recognised driver wise.

Oh well order placed :-) synscan 102 with power lead and just remembered bank holiday Monday agghhhhh...lol

You'll get on great, it's a cracking bit of kit. Once you get set up (can be a bit tricky but people here can help) you'll absolutely love it. I get on so much better with Synscan AZ than I used to with a manual EQ mount. Just seemed to click better with me.

Oh well the power cable arrived this morning first class. Checked tracking on fed x and discovered it was in Cardiff! Big kid in me couldn't wait until Tuesday/Wednesday so I phoned up and went down to collect it :-)

Archived