Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

10 Micron Field Power

NickMorris

Hi there,

I was wondering if there are any portable 10 Micron users out there? It seems that the 12V => 24V adaptor from 10 micron seems to be hard to get hold of or potentially withdrawn.

Anyway was wondering if there are any other people using portable 24V power supplies that will last the night without requiring a horse to carry or a lottery win to pay with,,,,,,,

Cheers

Nick

Hi Mick,

I use 24 volts from time to time and just use a step up transformer. Fairly cheap and no weight at all. I think it's one of those universal laptop power supplies and runs straight of a 12 v battery.

Dave.

Yep it's an MW unit model number PW00961 12v to 15, 18, 21 and 24 volts - 2.5 amps.

It runs a Takahashi mount at 24v, a Losmandy at 18v and also powers a CCD camera at 12v on occasions.

Dave.

• 1 month later...

baader now supply one of these that is approved for the GM1000, the previous ones they did not like.  mount will take according to site 23.5 to 28 volts.

i use the baader one and have had no problems

Archived