Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

quiet on here

shirva

Hasn't been too bad down here for clear nights. I usually pick up my observing at the end of August when the nights get darker and the ecliptic gets higher. Plus the kids are hyper because of being off school and going bed late. I should really be playing with the K to C mount I recently got. That means I can now mount my old SLR Pentax lenses to my Watec.

Maybe I can get some grabs of M31 with the larger FOV. I will post up more details once I get going with it.

Seriously considering getting a WATEC 910HX-RC camera. Would like to see a user review or images taken with it first. :smiley:

I don`t know if here http://www.dangl.at/menu_hhe.htm would be of any use, his analysis is very technical though.

Click on the link `Sensitivity video cameras` which is on the left.

This is all I can find at the moment.

Thanks Phil, very interesting. There doesn't seem to be a world of difference between the 120n which I already have, I'm basically looking for something better. The 910HX-RC certainly has a nice dark background and negligible amp glow.

Archived