Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My First Ha - Feedback Appreciated

So using the kit in my signature and a Ha 7nm filter I captured 17 x 300 Sec images - Stacked in DSS with Darks and Flats and then opened with photoshop - I selected just the Red channel and pasted that into an image which I then tried to process in the normal way, i did notice that when I did the curves the it all seemed back to front ?

Any resized and here it is

post-4419-0-33284800-1377101417_thumb.jp

So feedback on process and how to improved would be appreciated (im pretty happy as its my first)

Oh and can I make just the veil red and leave the background alone /

Thanks again

John B

Looking promising... I think you could stretch the curves a lot more to reveal the nebulosity. It's quite different, I found, processing high SNR narrowband images in comparison to the messy broadband ones! :)

In PS, I simply delete the G+B channels (select + delete in the channels window).

Hi John,

I have taken your image and loaded it into Gimp (but photoshop or most image editing package will do)

Its a bit rough and ready, but I used levels so that i "stretched" the image and then used curves to give a bit of contrast and ended up with this

post-12165-0-99977100-1377292207_thumb.j

Its looking promising. you can definitly make out the HA in the broom. JPEGING hasn't helped the image!!. Take a look at Quatermasses tutorials http://astrocasto.blogspot.com/ for an ninto to photoshop techniques for astro imaging.

Cheer John

Archived