Pluto last night

Here's my pic of Pluto from last night in lowly Sagittarius in a tiny window-of-opportunity in the SSW between trees :police:

I used Megastar and NASA Horizons to identify it against Sloan DSS. A SGL "pluto" search showed Luke had recorded it 48 hours earlier and his and mine provide a good "confirmation" as Pluto moves quite fast westward [actually it's the rapid orbital motion of earth!] against the star background and saves me doing it again on another night to be sure :cool:

post-21003-0-55630400-1376468847_thumb.j

Thanks everyone fo your interest - Pluto in Sagittarius is a difficult target amoungst the MW starfields!

First saw Pluto maybe three decades ago with Ewell AS 10" Newt at Ewell Tech Surrey in the dome I designed and help build in the grounds [dome etc now long gone]. Pluto would be high in Virgo just below Arcturus. I opened up for club viewing evening and in a quiet few moments just spied Pluto. Moments later the first arrivals could be heard approaching and Pluto disappeared and wasn't seen again that evening. Somethings need extreme concentration without distraction :tongue:

Archived