Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Perseid Meteor 11th August 2013

Well done! I was out for about an hour and a half last night and saw about twenty. Four of them were very bright. One in particular. I was also taking 15" and 30" exposures. eighty nine in all. I got three aircraft, two satellites and NO meteors!!! :rolleyes2:

Well done! I was out for about an hour and a half last night and saw about twenty. Four of them were very bright. One in particular. I was also taking 15" and 30" exposures. eighty nine in all. I got three aircraft, two satellites and NO meteors!!! :rolleyes2:

I set mine up to do some 3 minute exposures at ISO 400 (tricky tradeoff between picking up meteors and too much light pollution but in the end it was the thin cloud that made it too difficult). I actually saw this meteor (probably about mag -4 and showed structure in the track that the photo doesn't show) and stopped the photo immediately after.

Then my cheapo remote controller stopped working around the time more cloud appeared so gave up after I saw and photographed one more bright meteor (also up on Flickr)!

Archived