Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQMOD and windows 8

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I spoke too soon, it did guide a perfect 10 minute sub, which was impressive with a bad polar alignment, but then crashed after that sub.. Bummer.

But at least now I know it can work. :p

• 3 weeks later...

A quick word of thanks to the contributers to the thread and to Flo for getting the ball rolling with hitec astro. Without this I fear my brand new windows 8 laptop would have been taking flying lessons.

A quick word of thanks to the contributers to the thread and to Flo for getting the ball rolling with hitec astro. Without this I fear my brand new windows 8 laptop would have been taking flying lessons.

Nahh it's just a Prolific problem. Instead of updating drivers, they just released a new chipset With driver support for Windows 8 and all the People (me included) with the older chipset (only bought the darn thing 2 years ago) are screwed.

So I just bought a new COM adapter with the FTDI chipset (StarTech). Which is much better than Prolific anyway. Should have done that in first place and paid up for the extra. In the end would have been cheaper. /shrug

The StarTech FTDI cable is just plug and play under Windows 8 (8.1, 8.1.1) and works like a charm! :)

I had the exact problem with PHD freezing and had to bin it in task manager too. In my case it was the USB extension I was using. Changed it and it was fine.

Might just be something to rule out if you are using one.

Also, I find some USB ports work better than others.

Just a couple of things to try.

cheers

Archived