Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WO Flattener 6 spacing distance - Help.. So who's right then?

Sp@ce_d

Hmm this is confusing... which is it then?

WO state "Lens-to-chip suggested distance: 70.5±1mm for F/6 APO" here - https://www.williamo...tener6_spec.php

FLO state "Lens-to-chip suggested distance: 55-57mm" here - http://www.firstligh...lattener-6.html

Just started to work out what adapters I need to get the latest addition to the setup (314L+ No.2 :grin: ) hooked up to the ZS71. I'm inclined to believe FLO's measurements..

I've had it on 55mm and it's been fine. If i get time tonight i'll try and extend a bit to see a comparison

Yes thats the normal range I was expecting to use...

I don't expect it will be as critical with the chip size of the 314L+ anyway, I'm using it primarily as a reducer. Might be forgiving with your 428 too but would probably show more with the QHY8L. Which one are you using with it?

The "WO" distance quoted if for the "lens surface" to chip distance, where as the 55mm is the shoulder to chip distance

Ah I did wonder about that. Thanks Martin. I've high hopes for this scope. Once I get a chance to see how well it does in RGB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Filters and their location also have an effect so some experimentation will always be needed.

Olly

At the moment I've just got a spacer to make the 55mm. There's a 2" Ha filter on the nose of the reducer so shouldn't count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived