Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Canon 350D Mirror Lock

Just wondering.......

On my 350D I can lock the mirror up on the first press of the shutter release, then take the exposure on the second press.

Is there a way of locking the mirror up permanently in between shutter operations?

Thanks for the help, but I have set the menu and the mirror locks up, but after the second press for the exposure, the mirror drops back down ready for the next time.

When using a programmable timer, I can't see a way of programming two shutter operations close together for each exposure.

It would be better if I could permanently lock up the mirror for the entire session..... this doesn't seem possible in the menus.

It would be better if I could permanently lock up the mirror for the entire session..... this doesn't seem possible in the menus.

It is not possible to lock the mirror permanently via software or firmware, however the mirror is on a spring loaded mechanism and you can easily move the mirror with your fingers. The 350d will still be able to take manual focus shots using manual settings. So you could put a small piece of masking tape to hold the mirror up while you take your shots.

You need to use the self timer mode with the programable remote... and add the self timer delay to the exposure time...

The programmable remote provides the first shutter press, raising the mirror and triggering the self timer... when it time out it opens the shutter which stays open until the programmable remote closes it...

Peter...

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk HD

Archived