Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any good observing sites in NJ?

Ccolvin968

I live in the maple shade/cherry hill area and was wondering if there are any decent sites near by that are dark. Njaa's website doesn't wrk, and I don't think you can use their observing sites on weekdays. I'm trying to stay under an hours drive.

I live fairly close to Philadelphia so... Yeah. I just need a decent place to go further away. I just don't want to drive hours and hours. I'm trying to find a park within 45 mins or so that will let me in after dark.

Not sure we have that many members from NJ

I did some observing there years ago. Think the area was called Medford lakes, it wasn't too bad if I remember rightly. Long time ago though.

Sorry I can't be of much help :(

Have holidayed in Cape May etc. a couple of times. Stayed in West Chester PA & Wilmington DE, so fun to remember great times. Randomly came across POLC: http://www.polcouncil.org/ (The Pennsylvania Outdoor Lighting Council, noless!) Looks like you guys are quite active in campaigning for dark skies. Never came across "Hopewell Big Woods", but French Creek State Park certainly figures (largely) on the map? ;)

Archived