Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good power tank choice?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to look for a decent leisure battery myself soon, been shopping around for 12V power adapters for my laptop and Canon 1100D. Mobile setup with many hours of power would be nice. :)

I also use the Maplin power tank. But I thought it had 17 Ahm? I forget. Anyway, what I never knew is that the bigger the Ah the longer it lasts, is that right??

Thats exactly it Russe, Amphour ratings mean how much current the battery can supply for one hour before being drained. So if you had equipment on the battery rated at 17Ah drawing a current of 17 Amps, the battery would last one hour.

Say you were drawing half the current ie 8 Amps you then divide 8 into 17 that would let you run for 2 hours.

If you had an 80 Ah battery drawing 8 Amps it would let you run for 10 hours.

So if you look at all the curent ratings on your equipment then add it up then divide the rating of your battery by that number it will give you the rough time the battery will last. It will always be lower as you dont want to run batteries into total drain, not good for them.

Hopefully useful, Carl

Archived