Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY5 variants and Windows 7

I am using the QHY5LII with Windows 8 and have used it with Widows 7 too - both 64 and 32 bit versions of Windows.

You may need to reboot the system in a special way once to disable driver signing enforcement in order to install the drivers. This is because the wrapper around the drivers (the catalogue) is unsigned. The actual driver dlls are signed, so once the driver is installed you don't need to do this special boot thing to actually use the camera.

Robin

I've found a similar problem happens now and again on my laptop - for some reason turning the 'high speed' option on and then off again seems to kick it into action when I'm using the camera through the QHY SDK in sharpcap - no idea if the same trick works using the WDM driver, but it might be worth a shot.

Robin

Do you only have USB3 ports then? The QHY5LII is only a USB2 device, so will do just as well in a USB2 port as in a USB3 one.

Robin

Yes i have USB2 ports (what a luck!)...there seems a driver problem when connecting to a usb3 port :eek:

but who care if it works with the usb2 port...the only problem is when looking for a new laptop where some only have usb3 ports only :cool:

I've found a similar problem happens now and again on my laptop - for some reason turning the 'high speed' option on and then off again seems to kick it into action when I'm using the camera through the QHY SDK in sharpcap - no idea if the same trick works using the WDM driver, but it might be worth a shot.

Robin

I seem to be unable to tick the high speed checkbox in phd as its greyed out. Its certainly on a USB 2.0 port/hub though.

Archived