NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Enjoying Deep Sky with my Helios 15x70 Apollo's

Matt2011

Very impressed with the quality of my new Helios 15x70 Apollo's and stunning views of the Double Cluster in Perseus and a nice view of the Andromeda Galaxy also. Been able to see Alcor and Mizar and the Pleiades in the early morning sky which is stunning. Seen many satellites while sweeping across the sky with my Apollo's. Would like to know what other objects are impressive with these binoculars. Thanks

15x70's are a very useful size. I've just managed to see the eastern segment of the Veil Nebula in Cygnus with a pair. The North American nebula, in the same constellation, is worth a try too on a really dark night - it's a huge object !.

The Dumbell Nebula in Vulpecula is another worthwhile target as are the galaxies M81, M82 and M51 in Ursa Major although the latter can be a challenge.

Archived