Clear tonight?

Stu

Tempted to put the mak out for a look at Saturn before it goes finally, but not sure what the weather is going to do....

....we are currently under one of the few bits of cloud around, typically. Tomorrow looks promising as well though.

post-6762-13740869352_thumb.jpg

Stu

I have put the scope out but it still looks very hazy. Moon looks good in the mak at x125 though even though it is still light.

Fingers crossed it improves.

The satellite image is just a screen grab from www.sat24.com. Pretty much the only thing I really take any notice of weather wise, other than looking out of the window :-)

Stu

I had some nice views of the Moon earlier with the 12" dob but the seeing was very variable at high power - I reckon it's the heat radiating back off the land. Can't get a decent star image at 250x so tight doubles look unlikely at the moment.

It seems to be the hottest night of the year so far. I think I'll sit out with a cool beer and take in the stars that way !

I've managed a few nice views, but as you say, the seeing is pretty mixed.

Saturn was disappearing over the houses and into the haze before I could spot it visually. Managed a quick look but it was very average. Moon was nice though, if a bit shimmery.

The Double Double and Izar split nicely though, and having set the mak up, I'm going to have a little bit more of a session before packing away.

Cheers

Stu

Tend to agree. I just keep revisiting a few old favourites. Even at 1am last night there wasn't much visible, although the Goto found me NGC 6811 which was quite nice, new one for me.

Stu

Looks ok, but plenty of high cloud bubbling up.

post-6762-137415686348_thumb.jpg

You know it makes sense Matt, look at stuff for real, not just on a screen.....

...... Ducks for cover before running away very fast :-)

Stu

Archived